03 July, 2017

MONDAY TRAVELS: ALIAS GRACE by Margaret Atwood



Happy Monday friends! I hope you packed light and got some party clothes, cause this Monday we are one more embarking on a journey!

So today we are in Canada and we will explore:

ALIAS GRACE




Canadian writer Margaret Atwood:
Margaret Eleanor Atwood,  (born November 18, 1939) is a Canadian poet, novelist, literary critic, essayist, and environmental activist. She is a winner of the Arthur C. Clarke and Prince of Asturias Award for Literature, has been shortlisted for the Booker Prize five times, winning once, and has been a finalist for the Governor General's Award several times, winning twice. In 2001, she was inducted into Canada's Walk of Fame She is also a founder of the Writers' Trust of Canada, a non-profit literary organization that seeks to encourage Canada's writing community.



Description:

Grace Marks has been convicted for her involvement in the vicious murders of her employer Thomas Kinnear and Nancy Montgomery, his housekeeper and mistress. Some believe Grace is innocent; others think her evil or insane. Now serving a life sentence, Grace claims to have no memory of the murders.

Dr. Simon Jordan, an up-and-coming expert in the burgeoning field of mental illness, is engaged by a group of reformers and spiritualists who seek a pardon for Grace. He listens to her story while bringing her closer and closer to the day she cannot remember. What will he find in attempting to unlock her memories? Is Grace a female fiend? A bloodthirsty femme fatale? Or is she the victim of circumstances?



Thoughts:

Seriously this woman keeps surprising me with her every book. I mean after reading Death by Landscape and The Handmaid's Tale, I am simply obsessed with her, I follow her interviews, her blogs, her articles and Oh My God you guys, this woman is a genius! Margaret I am so sorry for constantly stalking you on twitter and just in general Googling you few times in a day, but you are my inspiration, I love you and I could only pray that one day I'll bet as least close to the brilliance of your writing!

OK, fan-girling over, so the book! I really looks interesting doesn't it? I woman accused of murders, the mystery if she did it or not? I am truly very very interested and I after loving her two previous works I have very high expectations for this one as well!

If any of you have already read it let me know what you think!


See you next Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment