16 September, 2016

REVIEW: AMOUR AMOUR by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Title: Amour Amour
Author: Krista & Becca Ritchie
Series: -
Genres: Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Publisher: K. B. Ritchie
Source: Kindle Edition
Pages: 396

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”

When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world.

Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.

This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage.

*standalone & no love triangles—recommended for readers 18+ for mature content*
Well, I saw this book on Tumblr somewhere and you all know I'm dance trash (in this case circus' aerobics but close enough) so I had to read it and I loved it!


THE WORLD: Normal world. It takes place is Las Vegas, US.

CHARACTERS: The main character is Thora James, a 21 year old undergraduate from Ohio who decides to go to Las Vegas and audition for the circus Aerial Etherial, specifically for their new show, Amour. Thora knows she's not the best gymnast but she tries anyway. Things go a bit unexpected... I think it's complicated is a very good definition for this. She meets the circus' star, Nikolai Kotova, who is known as "The God of Russia" and by the way is super hot. They start training together and they develop an interesting relationship. There are also Nik's younger siblings,Timofei, Luka, and Katya, and they're cute but problematic. Oh, I cannot forget to mention that there are like 30+ Kotovas working in the circus counting siblings/cousins, that's what I call a super family.

LOVE: Very straight-forward pairings. It was not obnoxious or annoying. Actually I quite liked the way it was written.

PLUS: Obviously the best was the circus! And the gymnastic tricks and the description of the different shows! I loved all those descriptions.

I also loved the characters (except one character I didn't like much) and how well they developed. Their interactions were hilarious. My favorite ones were Thora and Nik, those two were so awesome!

MINUS: My only minus is that one character and also there was a part of the book that was a bit boring but it was only like 1 chapter or so. Not a big deal.

OVERALL: 4.5 stars and goes to favorites. What can I say? I love dance/gymnastics. If you love anything similar to Center Stage I 100% recommend this book :D



What did you guys think about AMOUR AMOUR?